- This workshop is based on the NDC Capacity Building and Regional Seismic Travel Time (RSTT) in combination with Data Sharing and Integration Training, organized by the CTBTO and the Office of Atoms for Peace in Chiang Mai, Thailand from 28 October to 01 November 2019
- To strengthen participants’ knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission
- To share data and to develop the Regional Seismic Travel Time Model (RSTT) through the acquisition of GT seismic locations.
- to understand and learn how RSTT can help regional networks achieve more precise event locations;
- to learn how RSTT can be interfaced with current locators used in daily earthquake location procedures;
- To stimulate regional cooperation in data exchange through the NDCs and/or regional network operator
- Expected Outcome
- To run the RSTT model to verify the Ground Truth for local earthquakes.
- Way forward for MNRE/Samoa
- To improve our service in a way that our Ministry required for our early warning system.