Datum Used for Map Production in Samoa
• Currently we are using 3 Datum for Mapping and these Datum are as follow.
1. LEMUTA DATUM :
• It was establish in the 100 years ago.
• All cadastral and property surveys are carried out based on this local Datum.
• Coordinates with negative numbers can be found with this Datum. Why because of its origin in the center of the country.
• We this Datum to Convert Coordinate Points.
2. WESTERN SAMOA INTERGRATED GRID (WSIG 72)
• Established and officially uses for surveying purposes in 1989.
• Uses as the Geodetic Control Survey Network of Samoa.
• Uses for production and publications of any new topographical maps
3. WESTERN SAMOA INTERGRATED GRID (WSIG 84
SOFTWARE THAT MAPPING ARE USING
1. MapInfo Professional – Mostly use for GIS and Map Production
2. Global Mapper
3. QGIS – Quantum Geographic Information System.
Status of Digital Geographical Data
• Available Dataset includes ,
• Aerial Photography of these years (1954,1970,1990,1999,2006-2012)
• Orthophoto Datasets – Available for MapInfo only.
• Topographic Maps and Layers such as, contours, roads, coastline, etc ( Available in MapInfo only)
• Coastal Hazard Zone Datasets. Available in MapInfo only
• Digital Elevation Model
• Satellite Image i.e IKONOS, QUICKBIRD (Lidar Image 2015 – 2016)
• Political Map
• Hema Map (Tourist Map)
POLITICAL MAP ROAD MAP TOPOGRAPHIC MAP